Job Ideas: An Introduction
“I have an idea.”
This is pretty much my favorite phrase. I use it nearly everyday. It’s possible that I have a problem.
I love dreaming…envisioning how things could be. Change is something that I, like many people, hate and love, all at the same time. When I see a problem, though, I want to fix it. In the end, I want to leave this world a better place.
One of the ways this plays out is in career ideas. Whether it be in the nonprofit realm or for friends not happy with their present employment situation, I love coming up with ideas. If I had a bunch of money and was really good at implementing these ideas, I’d be called an “entrepreneurer.” Alas, I am okay with just being called a “dreamer” or an “idea guy.”
I intend to start sharing some of these ideas. Here are some of my reasons for sharing them with you:
1) For Me – I need to share them with someone, and, at times, it probably gets on the nerves of those closest to me.
2) For the Stuck – Maybe you are stuck in a job you hate. You have thought about looking for another job or starting your own business. Maybe my crazy ideas will be helpful.
3) For the Happy – You may love your job, but you are trying to figure out how to expand or add more value to your audience. I’d love to dream with you and help you think out of the box.
4) For the Nonprofiter (No “nonprofiter” is not a word…yet.) – You know who you are. You are in nonprofit work (or should be). You run a business but really want to impact your community. You are in ministry. You are a volunteer. You want to make a difference in the lives of others. However, making a living seems to get in the way. Let’s you and I dream together.
5) For Other Dreamers – Perhaps, like me, “I have an idea” is a regular part of your vocabulary too. Well, then we can have fun together too.
I love my job. I get to help people, which in the end really just helps me. I don’t have any plans to change careers. Really. This is just part of how I am wired. I hope these ideas end up adding value to some of you. Hopefully you can throw some ideas my way as well.
Which are you? Stuck, happy, nonprofiter, dreamer? Please share in the comments section.