It’s time to start your blog. You’ve been thinking about it for awhile. You have considered the pros and cons of why you should blog. Now you need to make it happen.
Where do you start? Well, I still have a lot to learn about being a blogger, but here are 5 tips to start you on your way.
1) Set Up Your Blog. There are a ton of ways to do this first step. Don’t spend forever learning about setting up a blog. Actually do it. I recommend WordPress.com or WordPress.org. You can google the difference between the two. Also Michael Hyatt has a great video for setting up a WordPress blog.
2) Write 5 Posts and Publish Your First One. Don’t wait till you are “ready” to blog. Go ahead and write a few posts so you have some in the cue. Then publish your first one.
3) Decide How Often You Will Post and Write Your About Page. Whether you are blogging as a hobby or for your business, consistency is king! You should plan to at least post once a week. Don’t overcommit. It is better to say you will post once a week and do it than to commit to 5 or more days a week and be inconsistent.
4) Pick One Social Media. Go deep relationally on one social media. Don’t spread yourself thin by trying to do several. Pick the one with the most people you are hoping to read your posts. These people comprise your audience.
5) Have Fun! Blogging is a lot of fun. You will learn all kinds of tips and tricks along the way, but mostly you should plan to enjoy yourself.
What is stopping you from starting your blog? How are you going to overcome? Please share in the comments section.