My 2015 Birthday Wishlist
It’s my birthday, so I can ask for whatever I want, right? Well, I thought I would come up with a list of 10 things, but I got carried away.
Some of the things on my list, I am actually going to get. Others are not as likely. See if you can guess which are which.
My Birthday Wish List (in no particular order)
20) Date with my wife.
19) A walk with my family. 18) Chinese food for dinner. Just ask my wife. I get the same thing at every Chinese restaurant.
17) A visit from my brother.
16) New Orleans Saints polo shirt. Who Dat!!
15) $100 to a charity of my choice.
14) Georgia Tech shirt. Go Jackets!
13) Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture Series – Did I mention I love Church History?
12) A big party with all my friends and family from everywhere.
11) Scottevest – Pretty much all of them are cool. I know, I’m a geek.
10) Trip to the National Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough, TN with my wife and some friends.
9) Dinner with a mentor and his family.
8) $100 to a charity of your choice.
7) Cup of tea at the end of the day, on the couch, watching TV with my wife.
6) Atlanta Braves hat.
5) Blogging Retreat – A 2 day trip somewhere to get away and just blog. Doesn’t that sound nice?
4) Evernote ScanSnap – I can ask, right?
3) Trip to Rome with my wife and dinner with the Pope. I haven’t figured out what I would actually say if I ever met the Pope. I’m not Catholic, so maybe it would be a difficult conversation. I just figure this is the kind of request you put out there early and often.
2) Coffee with a close friend.
1) $100,000 tax-deductible donation for the Crescent City Cafe. No one wants two of the same thing for their birthday. In this case, it would be alright. The first $100,000 would allow us to hire a full-time Director (2+ years) and begin launching a full-service cafe dedicated to serving the homeless and marginalized of New Orleans with dignity. The second $100,000 would go towards the building we will need to make this happen. – 3/28 Update: First $2,000 gift in. Only 49 more $2,000 donations to go.
Alright, what are you getting me? Just kidding…unless you want to get me something
If you could ask for anything for your birthday, what would you ask for?
Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture Series, Blogging Retreat, Braves, Chinese Food, Crescent City Cafe, Evernote, Evernote Scansnap, Georgia Tech, National Storytelling Festival, Pope, Pope Francis, Rome, Saints, Scottevest