Winning from a Loss
“You learn more when you lose a football game than when you win.” – Danny Wuerffel
We all lose at some point. Whether in a sport, at work or in our family, we experience setbacks, hangups and even failure. The important thing is to learn from these moments.
The next time you frustrated from a “loss,” take the time to write down 5 things:
1) What do I need to own as my responsibility? (This may be one thing or several.)
2) What could I do differently next time? (Ideas)
3) Who do I need to talk to? (The goal here is to own my responsibility and/or for accountability purposes for next time.)
4) What will I do differently next time? (Decision time)
5) When do I need to review what I’ve just written down in order to continuously improve? (Set a reminder on a future date.)
What tips do you have on winning from a loss? Please share in the comments or on social media.
The quote above comes from “attending” Accelerate Giving. Several posts will be coming out as a result of this conference. Thank you to Ministry Ventures for hosting this event and to the speakers that were involved.