Coaching with Excellence May 2015
This past week I went to Coaching with Excellence by Dan Miller of 48Days.com, 48Days.net and 48 Days to the Work You Love. It was AMAZING! Thank you to Dan, his family and their team for putting it on.
Going into the training I had 3 questions I needed answers to:
1) Is coaching for me? Yes. The answer is yes. I kind of knew this before, but I am really looking forward to it now.
2) What kind of coaching and which niche are for me? This one has been a little harder. I believe I have it but need to do some follow up.
3) What are my next steps? At CWE, it was like drinking from a firehose. The first day was about coaching and the second about the business side of coaching, how to actually make a living doing it. The best part is I left with a clear direction of what to do next.
There were a few notes I took during the conference that you may find helpful if you are considering coaching. I’m calling them Aha Moments.
1) I don’t have to cover everything in my niche. This is important to me because I want to help everybody. Dan and others encouraged us to “Get in the game!” Dan talked about how people come with a variety of needs. So I need to focus on a niche I can add value too, and be ready to serve in those other areas of passion as well.
2) Do not create a dependency. Going into the training I was imagining one of my coaching packages being one where people would have ongoing coaching from me. While Dan was not against this, he helped us see the difference between coaching and other vocations. He also stressed the importance of getting our clients moving in a positive direction. From watching Dan and the many people that “popped in” during the CWE just to say “hello,” I see that the relationships will continue (which is important to me), the message will spread, and more people will be served.
3) Multiple products allows me to say yes to everyone. As a professional coach, the prices can be steep for one on one coaching. At 48Days.com, however, you will see products at every price range. I look forward to creating my own products and helping more people.
4) Get in the game. I needed to hear this more than once. So you probably do too.
5) Entrepreneurs are Awesome! It was really cool to be around 48 entrepreneurs. Wow! So inspiring. Being connected to Entrepreneurs is priceless.
6) Be Generous. Always over deliver. I got much more than I bargained for at CWE. Dan, his family and team are very generous. This is one of the most exciting parts of coaching to me. I can’t wait to get started.
This will be my start date. Be checking here for more info. Please be praying!
The next Coaching with Excellence will be September 3-4. If you are thinking about coaching, you should check it out. Well worth the investment.