Welcome to my Guest Post Page. I am so grateful that you would consider writing a post for my blog readers. Below are a couple tips I picked up from Michael Hyatt when coming up with these Guest Post Guidelines. I plan to post no more than one guest post a week.
Your post must be on one of these topics:
o Family and Faith
o Vision Cafe
For more information on these topics, click here. Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post. However, I do plan to have advertising in the future.
1) Your post must be original and not previously published either on the Web or in print. This is not a personal preference. It has to do with Google, SEO, etc.
2) You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or website. You may, however, post a brief teaser/summary on your site that links to the post. In fact, I recommend it.
3) You may provide up to three links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter username.
4) Your post should be at least 400 words long and no more than 800 words.
5) You should also read:
o “Anatomy of an Effective Blog Post” by Michael Hyatt.
o “9 Ways Become an Exceptional Guest Poster” by Darren Rowse.
o “Seven Steps to Writing a Successful Guest” by Jeff Goins.
o “7 Crucial Tactics for Writing a Radically Successful Guest Post” by Blog Tyrant (via CopyBlogger).
These all contain very helpful tips for guest posting.
I will likely copyedit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make substantive changes (unlikely), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or the rationale as to why I think the post is important. I will make sure that my comments are set off from yours stylistically, so that my readers are clear that these are mine and not yours.
It takes time and creative effort to write a blog post. However, the fact that you have written a post and submitted it to me does not obligate me to publish it. The only guest posts I will publish are those that I believe add value to my readers.
Furthermore, if I do not approve your guest post, I will not explain why I did not approve it or provide any detail. Unfortunately, that would take more time than I currently have.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
1) Please email it to me for consideration. It usually takes me 2–3 weeks to respond.
2) Please include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook address.
3) Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers in the comments about your post. This is important to me.
4) Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.
If I reject your post, you are obviously free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere.
Thank you for submitting your guest post to AdamSuter.com. I am honored to have the opportunity to read it and possibly share it with my readers.